'Old School' Canoes
Most of us have had a cheap kayak or canoe over the years, perhaps it was a freebee or a hand-me-down, but we found out quickly that they were heavy, slow, and just no fun. By the time we loaded up- and then unloaded at our destination, we were too pooped to paddle. Often the price of a canoe or kayak may seem like a great deal, but is it a great deal on something I won't use? I can't carry it in to that hidden pond or lake, not with 80lbs on my back. Portage is out of the question.
It's time to change that with Ultralight Paddling's Slipstream canoes... buy a canoe that you can actually use!
Whether reaching those fish in places that you could never reach before, or traveling further than you even thought possible via portage, or just having the freedom of loading the canoe on the vehicle by yourself... our ultralight canoes make it all possible.
This is not your daddy's canoe!
- Kevlar/Carbon Fiber hybrid, and Innegra/Basalt/Kevlar/Carbon Fiber hybrid are all significantly lighter than plastic, aluminum or fiberglass.
- Our padded cushion seats with back support are much more comfortable than sitting on a flat wood or aluminum seat.
- Sitting a few inches off the hull greatly adds to stability by lowering the center of gravity, so tipping over is not an issue.
- Paddle with 1 or 2 bladed paddles with our 10'6" thru 13' ultralight canoes.
- Think of it like having an 'open' kayak; you save tremendous weight, and it's easier to load with gear, and easier to carry.
Ditch your 45-105lb lugger.
We sell Slipstream ultralight canoe models that weigh 14lbs to 23lbs. Look around online, most 'lightweight' kayaks weigh over 35lbs plus and are expensive. And many other 'ultralight' canoes cost quite a bit more. Slipstream provides a tremendous value as you save weight, and money.
Ultralight canoes can be durable!
When it comes to layups such as Kevlar/Carbon Fiber hybrid, it is light and yet has some flex. Innegra/Basalt/Kevlar/Carbon Fiber hybrid offers even more resilience when encountering rock gardens, and the weight gain is very minimal, if at all.
Canoes can be customized.
Beside base models, there are plenty of colors, wood choices, and more.
We even have options that make paddling possible with young kids, or even dogs.
Still not sure about a Slipstream canoe? Look at our comparison page.
Our canoes can be paddled just like a kayak, or like a canoe.
All of our ultralight canoes can be paddled with a 2 blade kayak style paddle or single blade canoe paddle. What are you used to? Perhaps you want to hone different skills? You can do both!
Our business is in the Mid-Hudson Valley of NY, and we have access to the best that New York has to offer. We are easy access to New England, PA, NJ, and beyond. Call and leave a message, or send an email... and let's get together and talk! We are an independent dealer for Slipstream and have demo models to check out. Give us a call.
Love it, not lug it!